Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cain Wallpaper

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Inspired by the tragical and also wonderful (tearful [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] ) ending of the Red Ram story, and by this beautiful phonecard, which is Risu-chan's new avatar pic, I made this: http://members.aon.at/alichino/cain-...-wallpaper.jpg

    (It is adorning my desktop now *sigh*)

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 09, 2003 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Lady Elanor ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WAIIIIII! ^_______^ (flying glomp tackle) That is SO cool! You're a lot more patient at snipping out the background than I am; I did a related-colors grab in Photoshop and pulled out the background and did a render-cloud layer to replace it and the ribbons, but I think it looks like you actually went around trimming all that...

    ^____^ way cool!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe yes. [img]smile.gif[/img] I snipped it out in fine detail work with the Eraser. Then I set a layer behind it and painted a background. To improve the picture quality I did a Tonwertkorrektur( may it be Gamma correction?).

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool - I'm going to have to play around with gamma correction sometime; I didn't know there was any way to un-ugly JPG compression artifacts and scaling-up artifacts! (rubbing hands together: plot plot plot...)

    I think I may have a lead on getting an original of that phone card too, so if and when I do, if S-C.net wants a really high-res scan for the goodies section...? ^__^

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    High-res scan? I want it! I want it! If you really get it, please mail it to me! Then I can make a more beautiful wallpaper. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •